Roommates BETA! 0.9.6 (25.02.2014)

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
JoanneLakeMichigan
Young scout

Re: Roommates BETA! 0.9.1 (20.02.2014)

Post by JoanneLakeMichigan »

A couple of typos that I failed to mention (Oh no, stop the train! :) )
Spoiler:
Week 4 Saturday during the Halloween mystery murder:

"Isabella sidles up to me while the others round on the butler, pelting him with questions about why he did it and what the rouse was about."

1. Umm, round on the butler reads odd to me... perhaps "circle the butler"? I was going to suggest "round the butler" but on second thought it sounded like rounding up some perps or cows to the pen...

2. I overlooked this one because I thought it might be right. I just happened to come across it again while writing a fanfiction, so I checked an online dictionary to double-check. I found that it wasn't the right definition, so I had to guess what the spelling might be. I remembered the word was used in the movie Spanglish. It was spelled aloud by the girl who plays the daughter of Adam Sandler's character - "ruse"

Sorry I wrote a whole story for #2, but I think that's part of my charm. Will keep shorter in the future if you want. Am serious. ;)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:I'm going to upload 0.9.2 today with another bunch of fixes, Mr E. didn't had time to rewrite the "happy endings" yet, but is planned so don't worry :)
I hope when Max X Sally are added, no one forgets Vegemite ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roommates BETA! 0.9.2 (22.02.2014)

Post by jack1974 »

Well for now I wrote some temporary happy endings. They are far in the future so probably by then Vegemite is already in the paradise of pets :)
Oniyuri
Young scout

Post by Oniyuri »

Version 0.9.2

Just a few:
  1. I think I reported this earlier, but I don't know whether you decided to keep it as is: At game/scenes1_edit.rpy 7912 Anne's sprite suddenly switches to one without any glasses.
  2. After line game/scenes1_edit.rpy 11971 the scheduler goes to Week 08 - Saturday (Winter Break) and goes through the activities from there (Anne went to her parents' house with Rakesh). The scheduler works fine for the case where you took no one with you, so I am guessing fixing the one bug introduced a new one?
  3. At game/scenes2_edit.rpy 5109 where Anne's sprite winks - the facial details (eyes and mouth) are shifted too far to the top left of the face, so...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

1. Ah I understand now. Is because in the winter clothes she doesn't have the glasses. Since it appears only in a few scenes I think can keep as it is :)
2. Ugh this is a bug instead. Yes fixing the other introduced this one :oops: I need to test in both cases! Though is strange because it should work. Will test again.
3. going to check, thanks
nightshadengale
Young scout

Post by nightshadengale »

jack1974 wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
nightshadengale wrote:What determines whether Roxanne's partner betrays her if you do the prisoner's dilemma but partner with Anne? I remember I replayed that section a couple times trying to get my stats sorted out, picking almost the same choices, and it appeared to hinge either on whether you picked Truth or Dare on St. Patrick's day, or whether you got the best gift or the second best gift on Valentine's.
Spoiler:
Don't know if anyone answered this, but I think it happens if you decide to speak to Prof. Tasque during the event on Week 15 - Monday (I don't know whether it matters if you choose to betray your partner or not). And mind you I was playing as Anne with Max as my partner. Naturally, I can't be 100% sure.
If I understood the question correctly, there's a choice indeed in week15 Monday, where you can go to the professor and pick the option "Betray studypartner" (will show the name).
Then in week15 Friday, if your partner was Roxanne and you betrayed her, will set the flag "roxhatred" and this will trigger all the various scenes while doing the jobs. So to answer Oniyuri's question the Roxanne lines in jobs will appear only after week15 Friday and only IF you betray her (some lines would appear sooner like the Library's one, fixed it now).
No, I was wondering what affects whether Roxanne's partner betrays her (when Max partners with Anne). I had to replay the same section (approx Valentine's day though the final) 3 times making almost identical choices, didn't betray Anne either time, and in one case Roxanne's partner betrayed her and in the other two cases she convinced him to study.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh that! it's just random, changes every time :mrgreen:
Oniyuri
Young scout

Re: Roommates BETA! 0.9.3 (22.02.2014)

Post by Oniyuri »

Just wondering if it wouldn't be better to display the message that tells you that you can get a better ending after the description for the ending finishes (e.g. before the line where Anne says "As for me, well..." at game/endings_edit.rpy 815).
Spoiler:
Because considering the text, you won't really know it is a "bad" ending until the breakup is mentioned a little later in the following lines (played as Anne x Dominic).
A better place might be before or after the credits (then it might not feel like an "interruption") - I don't know if that is possible, though? (But first time playing the "bad" ending, it will definitely be great to get a message telling you there is a better one :) )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I can move it to the last line of the bad ending, but moving it further is a bit problematic, because after that the player talks about his future, so I don't think would fit (also I should add another test to the variables). So I can move it when the last sentence is displayed, that is possible :)
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Minor spelling mistakes: (all Anne)

Week 2 : during the drinking game, it's 'alcohol' not 'alchohol'

Week 6: during the scene at the coffee house, it should be 'Memphis' , not 'Mephis'

Week 10: during the sex talk, it should be 'figured out' not 'figure out'

Week 14: should be 'eat his cake and have to it too' not 'to'. Possible should also read 'have his cake and eat it too'

Week 21: should be 'as long as I was HERE though' not 'hear'

also Week 21: the last scene with all the roommates together should read: 'It's nice to see' not 'it nice to see'.

Cheers!

Marcy
xxx