How old are all the characters?

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
OtterFace
Young scout

How old are all the characters?

Post by OtterFace »

After all the talk about underage drinking, etc. in a different thread, I got really curious.
So, how old is everyone supposed to be in this game? :)

I would assume they are all 18, but I was 19 when I first got into university and 22 when I started my second degree. Plus, Dominic is supposed to be a bit older than the rest.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: How old are all the characters?

Post by jack1974 »

Is hard to remember all the script but apart Max and Anne that are starting college, I don't remember that the others saying they were at first year.
Dominic surely is older, and not by 1 year, probably more (3-4 at least).
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Post by ShyGuysAreTheBest »

Dominic says in the winter break scene, something about a "much older guy" and I am like "Um.... how much older?"

And thanks for never having him be Anne's TA because then them dating would be sooooo much more inappropriate than it already is.
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Hey, my boyfriend is 5 years younger than me, so Dominic being 3-4 years older than Anne seems perfectly fine to me. I was just curious.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Of course, age difference becomes more meaningless the older someone is. No one would bat an eye if someone was 40 and their partner was 36. Much bigger difference if someone is 22 and 18.
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

I actually specifically didn't name an age for the characters. Partially because of the whole drinking thing. So therefore the characters are as old as you think they should be. *nodnod*

For me personally, I imagine-
Anne's about 19
Max's about 18
Sally's about 19-20
Isabella's around 20
Rakesh's around 18
Dominic's around 24

Those ages are -not- canon (necessarily), just what I generally think.

(Edit: Oh yeah, their birthdays are available and canon, so that's a thing.)
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Do they have canon middle names as well? I was just reading their suitability reports again.
Sally's middle name is Michelle, but everyone else only has an initial. Hm...
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

MrEnvy8 wrote:Anne's about 19
Max's about 18
Wait, why would Anne be a year older than Max? I could see it the other way 'round, that Max needs more time for getting a high school degree due to other interests, like his band (or basically anything but learning). But Anne should - considering her character - have studied very hard to get into College soonest. As well as with a lot of "A" grades.
Otterface wrote:Do they have canon middle names as well?
Maybe the Canon leaves them out because of embarassment potential?
Maxemillian J Russo -> Jahdahdieh
Anne P Strickland -> Petunia

Maybe Fanon will not become Canon here... :mrgreen:
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Anne may only be months older than Max. She may also had setbacks that held her back, like not doing well a previous year and decided to work hard from here on out. Assuming she took courses in high school that goes towards college credit, she could graduate college a little earlier though.

Through hard work or talent, students can pass high school or even excel while still pursuing their hobbies. Also some high schools (or specifically the teachers) are more lenient in their curriculum than others, making it even easier for Max to goof off while still graduating high school, if barely.
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Considering Anne's character, anything which would make her loose a year in school (major illness, a year of laziness, ...) would be important enough for her to be mentioned in the game. A possible exception would be if she made a years worth of college-courses on the school, if that is possible (but even then she would have mentioned it).