the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by BobTheMob »

My apologies, then.

I'm (likely) waiting until the game is fully ready to purchase.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK don't worry in the story everything is explained :)
Minamber
Young scout

Post by Minamber »

I did one of the polygamy ending (the Lynn light+ one), and it didn't really seem forced. I mean, Lynn makes clear early on that she loves Lair and wants to marry him, and the conflict is more about what she'll do about her feelings for Amber. Having a "harem ending" for an NPC was a actually pretty funny.

The only thing that seemed a bit jarring is that in that path you don't really have any romantic interactions with Lair, and yet at the end Amber pretty much invites him into doing a threesome out of the blue. You should probably make that part optional if possible.

The thing that actually bothered me most in the romance is that I also did the Lair romance up to the point where his father threatens Amber into working for him, and yet while in the Lynn romance, Lair and Lynn were clearly in love, Lair never even mentioned Lynn in his own path in adulthood. I suppose it's a problem inherent in turning all the romances on at the same time, but it felt really weird.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Minamber wrote: The only thing that seemed a bit jarring is that in that path you don't really have any romantic interactions with Lair, and yet at the end Amber pretty much invites him into doing a threesome out of the blue. You should probably make that part optional if possible.
Yes those lines were removed a few "versions" ago. So you probably played it before the changes :) Now Lair says he's fine if Amber is Lynn's lover but has no interest in her, and Amber replies the same (for that romance ending of course).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Minamber wrote:I did one of the polygamy ending (the Lynn light+ one), and it didn't really seem forced. I mean, Lynn makes clear early on that she
W/ the thing after that, I think there should be a "Spoiler" warning.
NOT MEANT AS AN ATTACK OF ANY KIND, simply what I believe should be done for those kinds of things.
Minamber
Young scout

Post by Minamber »

BobTheMob wrote:
Minamber wrote:I did one of the polygamy ending (the Lynn light+ one), and it didn't really seem forced. I mean, Lynn makes clear early on that she
W/ the thing after that, I think there should be a "Spoiler" warning.
NOT MEANT AS AN ATTACK OF ANY KIND, simply what I believe should be done for those kinds of things.
Right, sorry about that. It's just that this is a thread about romance endings and there is the word spoilers in the title, so I didn't think I needed to put another "spoiler" warning in my post. I'll make sure to do so next time though.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Wow... It's pretty ... disapointing for me the way the "romances"(sorry to say it, but I don't see any polygamic relationship as romantic at all and now I'm really unconfortable with the game) were handled. Really, no one thought that thoses things wouldn't be nice to yuri players(specially female ones)? Because it wasn't cool at all. I think I regret buying the game, I don't know about Ruby, but if even her have polygamic endings, I really will ask for a refound. No offense, but I really don't want to support a game that treats romantics relationship between women as something purelly fanservice for he male players. I'm sorry if this wasn't the intention, but what reallly matters is the result and thr impression left in the players after playing it. I feel dirty and deeply offended, I could expect this from many games developers, but not here in Winter Wolves Games, and for me to say this... It really dissapoints me deeply. I had so much hope in this game, now I'm so depressed with it that I don't think I want to play it or any other similar game at all. Hell, the last time I lost my will to play any game was when I saw the ending of the mass effect 3(and all issues it had), I wasn't expecting this here at all.
I'm so sorry for all I'm saying, I'm sorry for being so sad about it. I understand that now you have your limitations, but this was a huge stab in the back for players like me. The otome romances weren't treated like this, so it was a purelly fanservice thing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The ONLY one who has polygamy is Cosmina. Lynn and Ruby have none. There was just a sentence in ONE of Lynn's ending that was ambiguous but has been fixed :)
About the rest I've already spoken, see my posts above. This is a game from 2011 when almost nobody in west market was making yuri games (that year I made Planet Stronghold which had ONE yuri route, so this game has already more lol). Since the storyboard and images were done back then, I couldn't change anything, but future games won't have problems like this obviously.

Also, I think it's not fair to say it was purely a fanservice thing because there are people who probably like poly as there are people who like yuri, or yaoi or otome. I think Cosmina/Reed characters are cool and well maybe a bit too "extrovert" :lol: but definitely it's not on the level of the many fanservice games with ZERO plot that are present on Steam :wink:
Minamber
Young scout

Post by Minamber »

Spoiler:
In my opinion, the light+ Lynn ending is still a harem ending, it's just Lynn's harem, not Amber's. I don't think a poly relationship has to have all participants equally involved with each other.

That being said, I'd really have preferred to have the poly route as an optional "hidden" ending available only if Lair and Lynn were your last 2 romantic options, just for future reference.
It didn't really shock me, though, and I don't consider it fanservice since Lynn makes her feelings clear early on.

As for Cosamina, I have to admit I really thought she and Anders were siblings up until that sex scene. I was just as shocked as poor Amber. :lol:
My only problem there is I felt that Amber was a bit too quick to jump into a threesome in that scene, especially since it's her first on-screen opportunity to have sex (so she's probably still a virgin), and she seemed a bit shy about intimacy before that (always blushing and stuff).
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Jack, I'm glad Lynn's route was fixed. I would be really sad if every romance option was like Cosmina. However, I will keep my point on this, the fact that the script of he game and he images were old is no excuse, since other games already had all the character art redone or even in the case of Seasons of The Wolf, just the endings were redone. The point is, the otome romances haven't those issues, and Cosmina route is not a real Yuri route, but a polybisex relationship. I would't be as disapointed with it if it was a poly lesbian romance, I would't play it, but It would still be considered a Yuri path since it's only between women, but Reed's presence nullifies it. So, While you made changes like puting as "Cosmina and Reed" to warn players, true Yuri players only have two romances while otome has 3 and 1 romance is a poly bisex path. So, it's quite unfair, I must say.
I know LGBT romances were scarce around jat time, that's why I respect you so much for caring for your fans and listening what we have to say, and I was quite happy with Ruby's romance when the game was announced(And I bought all your games that have Yuri paths on them), but the situation and the times have changed, so the same rules can't really apply now.
I have 2 solutions as suggestions, of course that they are simple suggestions, so it's no ones obligation to follow them and I'm saying this as my point of view: 1= Make another character that is purelly an Yuri option(considering that the original artist isn't around anymore, I can already consider this option dead, but I should say at least as a advice for future games) using an artist wih a similar drawing style as the original. 2= Make another purelly Yuri game to "compensate"(Summer Intrigue is already planned, so I don't know, but it would be nice to have something im Aravorn as well, whatever).
Well... I'm sorry if I have come across as "b*tchy", but if I haven't said anyhing, I would regreat it. And finally... I'm sorry if I offended anyone who is poly, I know I have different views from you, but I lost it when I was writing down my thoughts and I was so dissapointed that I was prejudiced. It's no excuse for the way I behaved, but let me just say that I had to hear for a long time in my life people treating badly and beliving that just because I am a Lesbian that I would be ok with poly, so I became really agressive while dealing with situations when I feel like I'm being treated or feeling forced to it.