Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Post by jack1974 »

Whut? Those are strange. You mean you have not assigned any point to those two skills, and you still can use it? In this case I'd like a save if you can send it :) thanks
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I sent the file. BTW, Into the Fray bug seems to be specific to Tom Shatz, since it doesn't seem to apply with Damien.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, there's a big bug going on behind the scenes :lol: I'm going to take a look, basically some skills gets wrongly assigned as "quick skills" (unrelated to the skilltree). The skilltrees work fine, but more skills are being added to this "hidden list" and that's why you can use them. I should be able to fix it and also put a patch/check before the fight to eliminate existing issues so you can keep your current game.
Thanks for spotting this, was really crazy that worked fine until now!!! :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I fixed it and uploaded version 1.0.3!! Haha it's nuts thinking that nobody else noticed before (I mean, many people played and sent bug reports but nobody noticed it including myself).
Now it should all work, I put a check at beginning of each fight, so shouldn't be possible to use unlearned skills anymore :) Thanks
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Thanks for the fast update. Maybe the aforementioned skills are either popular skill choices or hardly used at all, thus the bug was overlooked by most people.

Speaking of Pscionic Shield, it reflects back 0 damage if enemy damage is on the lower end. I think 1 damage should be the minimum that is reflected, especially if the shield doesn't provide any damage mitigation. It seems like this requires max point investment and facing high single-hit damage foes to be useful.

It seems like it's possible to throw grenades with when paralyzed/stunned. I admit I shamelessly took advantage of it, after getting tired of my party members constantly getting locked down during certain encounters.

minor writing error
Spoiler:
[a talking scene with Michelle] "chinese" and sutra" need to be capitalized to "Chinese" and "Sutra" respectively.
Last edited by Jaeger on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes makes sense to have it reflect at least 1 damage indeed :)
As for grenades yes, you can throw them. Basically all the items can be used while paralized (so even medikits or aqua pura) and certain skills like healing, otherwise paralyze become too powerful. The scout class also has a powerful healing/debuffing skill and the most effective way to reduce negative buffs on your party members.
I am also aware of a bug in chapter 3, an user on FB told me you can repeat Lucille's personal quest unlimited times (sort of cheat mode lol) so on next update I'll fix that too :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Spelling error
Spoiler:
Chapter 2 when meeting with Cullen.
Error: It seems to good to be true.
Correction: It seems too good to be true.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, I am having a proofreader fan (haha) doing another pass on all texts this week. Unfortunately when writing 350k words, even using an editor, it's hard to catch everything!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

After making some tests I decided to put minimum damage values for the Psionic Shield reflect damage, otherwise it becomes a bit useless. So it will reflect back at least 3-6-9-12-15 damage depending on the skill level, and I might even increase those values later. Thanks for pointing that out :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I noticed during the sector exploration and raids, the one square is uncovered when moving in left/up direction, while it's two with the other directions.