game logo

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: game logo

Post by P_Tigras »

If we're going to critique the wolf than I'd say make the snout longer, and remove the extra thick soft-looking fur below the neck that makes the neck look too short. I'd also seriously consider making the facial expression look a little less like a human smile. Basically make it look more like a real wolf, and less like a stuffed animal for a small child to cuddle.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

I suggest a wolf's head from the front with the game's name written on his forehead

Maybe you can do it in tribal design, too, so that the wolf and the gametitle "flow" into each other. Have seen something like that with an owl, that looked pretty cool. The "letters" formed the feathers of the owl's body.

If you want to give the "seasons aspect" a certain weight, you could use four wolfs that carry a title word each, e.g. a pup wolf for "seasons", a black wolf for "of", a brown wolf for "the" and a winterwolf for "wolf". They could form a hunting pack, tracking something (footsteps of the PC maybe?).
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, but more than the ideas I need to find someone able to draw them :lol: making good looking logos is a skill really different from the others, since basically none of the artists I work with (and are many) is really good at that...
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

well ... I have pencils and paper here .... just no time for practicing :(
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha don't worry, will find a solution :)
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I like the background picture of the first logo and the font on the one you made. Maybe put them both together? :)
Meep :3
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

How about you use the outline of a menacing wolf's head as the canvas/background for an image of the main character/s? You don't actually need a complete wolf illustration then, just a wolf's head silhouette. You could have a full size picture, with complete colour inside the wolf's head outline and seasonal colours (or seasonal illustrations) in the four corners outside the head.

If you understand what I mean.

Well, that didn't actually have much to do with a logo, did it? :lol:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Franka wrote:How about you use the outline of a menacing wolf's head as the canvas/background for an image of the main character/s? You don't actually need a complete wolf illustration then, just a wolf's head silhouette. You could have a full size picture, with complete colour inside the wolf's head outline and seasonal colours (or seasonal illustrations) in the four corners outside the head.

If you understand what I mean.

Well, that didn't actually have much to do with a logo, did it? :lol:
Hmmm...building on this idea, Jack could take a real pic of a wolf that's suitable and in the public domain, photoshop it to look like a drawing, and paint it white, black, or any other color that may be appropriate. That could work.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's what I had in mind, and also what The Witcher does :D
so it should be different enough from that one. But is not a bad idea. Aleema made some tests and sent them to me:
I scaled them down, because my friend Cliff of Positech said that logo should look good also when minimized, like showed in youtube videos or on the screenshots.
I like them so will make some more tests with a background image :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I think those last ones are pretty great, they have a medieval feeling and seems quite majestic. With a good and appropriated soundtrack, it would make for a impressive start of the game, and would help to advertise to others through youtube.