Achievement ideas

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Achievement ideas

Post by jack1974 »

I was actually thinking if to nerf the amount of points you get in Easy, since I think the battles are already easy anyway. But yes I can check if the player changes the difficulty during the game and not unlock the achievement, though I think might be a bit confusing. But maybe I'll do that.

As for a reset button for achievements sure no problem, can add that :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

I guess if that would be too confusing*) another option would be to leave the "cheat" as it is and instead add and achievement for completing the whole game + the final boss (if there's such) without changing the difficulty from Hard/NM. :)

*) I can see why it might be confusing, as the descr. in Loren now only talks about beating the boss at Hard-level and doesn't clarify anything else. However, that descr. could be edited to make it more clear... and anyways, edited or not, I'd find it rather unfounded if somebody complained that they didn't get an achievement for beating NN at Hard/NM while otherwise having played the whole game in Normal/Easy..... (But then again, I guess I could be called out on being such a snobby hardcore player for typing this suggestion to begin with..... :P)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

It would be possible to simply tally the attribute points from the characters and only grant the achievement if they are under a certain value.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also that, yes. Is just that I don't want to spend too much time for the achievements :lol:
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Visit the Drowned Rat tavern 50 times.

The worst pirates I've ever heard of
Get your ship almost sunk during a sea battle in Easy mode.

But you HAVE heard of us
Win a boarding attack on Nightmare mode without one of your Party members getting incapacipated.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Added the first page of achievements (didn't code them all yet):
for sure I'll implement the boss ones in hard/nightmare difficulty, then I'll see about the others, which one are more feasible without going crazy like Rowinda :mrgreen:
edit: yes I wrote Jariel twice by mistake, fixed it already :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Cooool. :)

Why is Krimm-romance (New-Tribe) the only one without a Song reference? Or do I just fail at getting it? :P "I'm hearing secret harmonies...."

(Nitpick: I'd change the word order in the Boss achievements to" Defeat <BossName> playing at Hard or Nightmare difficulty." It would feel more fluid in that order, imho :) )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Maybe I can change Krimm's romance into "Wild love" or something like that :lol:
Yes will also change the text, is because originally I had written "Playing in Hard or Nightmare difficulty the whole game, defeat...". But then was too long so cut that part.
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

jack1974 wrote:Maybe I can change Krimm's romance into "Wild love" or something like that :lol:
Oh, come on!

Love is a battlefield!
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Do I sense an 80s theme? :D

(kk, Tainted Love was originally from 60s, but was made famous in the 80s and then later recharting as M.Manson cover...)