PSCD 0.9.9 - beta demo!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 0.9.6 - beta demo!

Post by jack1974 »

I think on the next update will also add the game theme song (which rules by the way) since the video trailer is almost done, since the last bugfixes were minor stuff, I want to add the game to the list on my site (what I call "soft release") and then maybe officially release it even mid-January.
The only thing that needs to be finished is the deck screen, hopefully artist will send it to me next week :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

May I suggest that Vause Psionicist instead mind controls a unit?

Vause Psionicist: Breach. On Summon: Move a random common unit with "Organic" from the enemy unit row to yours.

If you prefer to keep it as is: Breach. On Summon: Put a copy of a random common enemy unit with "Organic" into owner's unit row.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I thought about that but then would be too powerful. Besides I think I'll add a card like that in the DLC (a Vause psionicist variant) :)
OK will change texts then!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Well, in either case, it's easy to work around: Just don't put common cards in the deck for that one mission.

Did you put new cards into the 3* decks, do you remember? Most of the ones I faced were Assault decks, and I didn't see all the cards.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What you mean by new ?
I only added some rarer cards for each race (from those seen in the later plot missions), but in general I tweaked more the resources/speed at which the computer can play them.

Edit: also I thought more, I'll change the vause to clone also uncommon organic, since it is supposed to be a tough card :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I mean cards that aren't seen anywhere else in the game, so I hadn't updated the game text. If it's just cards that we also see in the later missions, then no problem.

Remember that the only mission with Vause is Mira side mission, where we can only use a 10 card deck, so you can't make it too strong.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:I mean cards that aren't seen anywhere else in the game, so I hadn't updated the game text. If it's just cards that we also see in the later missions, then no problem.
Ah no, I've not added any new cards beside those you've already checked.
Franka wrote: Remember that the only mission with Vause is Mira side mission, where we can only use a 10 card deck, so you can't make it too strong.
Yes but since there are no restrictions, you could build a card only with Robotic units, so that ability still wouldn't work :twisted: besides is a side mission, and a few of them can also be very hard, since don't stop the main plot from going.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I forgot about a problem, if you have no organic it will "clone" a random unit :lol: So yeah I need to change it into charming and not cloning. Will clone only a common Organic target though, not stronger.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote: Remember that the only mission with Vause is Mira side mission, where we can only use a 10 card deck, so you can't make it too strong.
Yes but since there are no restrictions, you could build a card only with Robotic units, so that ability still wouldn't work :twisted: besides is a side mission, and a few of them can also be very hard, since don't stop the main plot from going.
But you should also note that the player has 0 Credits at the beginning of the mission, which limits what cards you can actually play. If we also have to use only Robotics, we're running out of cards that can be played. :) I trust it can still be cleared but you might want to test it, no matter what you end up with.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I just tested, I could honestly beat it quite easily :)