development thread (art, writing, etc)

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Re: development thread (art, writing, etc)

Post by Ryocchi »

Buying the hell out of this game, where's the pre-order button?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's too early yet :) Maybe in the next few months though!
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Yeah as much as I would personally love to throw money at him, jack doesn't make the mistake of asking for pre-orders for games that he doesn't even know the release date of. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes, I know other indies do, but unless I have already at least the whole script done, I don't do preorders :mrgreen:
Anyway, even if there's still a lot of writing left, things are going rather well with this game :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

jack1974 wrote:Haha yes, I know other indies do, but unless I have already at least the whole script done, I don't do preorders :mrgreen:
Anyway, even if there's still a lot of writing left, things are going rather well with this game :)
Good, really looking forward to it, I don't know if I should be saying this, but the man reason I didn't bought Roommates is because I didn't find Rakesh up to my tastes, I liked Dominic, but over the years I got tired of cross playing in order to get the character I liked, so thank you for making this game and not forgetting this niche of your market, I will do all I can to spread the word so this games becomes really successful and with hope it will be the first of many Male slash oriented games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah with just 1 romance option I can understand that it can happen. I already plan to do more yaoi games in future though :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Ryocchi wrote: Good, really looking forward to it, I don't know if I should be saying this, but the man reason I didn't bought Roommates is because I didn't find Rakesh up to my tastes, I liked Dominic, but over the years I got tired of cross playing in order to get the character I liked, so thank you for making this game and not forgetting this niche of your market, I will do all I can to spread the word so this games becomes really successful and with hope it will be the first of many Male slash oriented games.
I know how you feel. Sally was a Vegan, animal loving, activist. Lol. My gaydar always goes off for straight characters, but Isabela was really awesome. And I haven't seen a bisexual character deal with their sexuality so well in a long time. I played the Rakesh route with Max after and it is pretty sweet but the beginning can be hard especially since one of your first interactions with him is a kiss to impress ogling drunk girls XD It seemed harder to play Max as gay than Anne as a lesbian.

Jack, it really is great! I mean super kudos for doing it. And it is nice that you really put in the effort that I have never seen anyone else do when it comes to this stuff. Bioware are the only ones who even try and you have been having gay characters and trying to balance it more than even their triple A budgets. It may seem small but it can mean the world to play a game and not feel excluded from whole genres. Thank you. Can't wait to play.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, you're welcome :)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I was also dissapointed by Roommates LI option, only one BxB option and he wasn't my type but after playing the game I end up liking him , and it was the same for all the other characters.

I didn't expect that I would love the game that much and that I would enjoy all the romance option but I wish there were more BxB and GxG option.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm not sure if it's that, but might also be related to the artwork? I admit that the artist I used draws females better than males :oops: that's why I picked another one for Heirs & Graces.