Where your money goes: PSCD manga version!

A long time ago (wow, 4 years have passed already!) I made a blog post explaining a bit what I do with the money I earn, and also about the power consumers have and how everyone should try to give back in any way they can. It was called “Where your money goes“.

Now, as I wrote already in that blog, I know I’m not special. I think what I do should be “the norm”, even if sadly it isn’t. I think when you’re so lucky that you do a job you love (and I love it, even if occasionally I get very grumpy especially during beta testing! :D) you should really feel blessed and try to give back to others (animals, people, doesn’t matter, you choose).

I recently setup a Patreon page. It really helped me in the past months due to a sort of mini-crash of the indie market (things are very tough now!) also known as “the indieapocalypse”. But beside funding my living expenses and new games, I always said I was going to use that money also to do “extra stuff”. Things that maybe would have been too risky to do them myself without any support, but that I believe would be appreciated by my fans.

So I’m here to officially announce that I used a good amount of that Patreon money for… the Manga version of PSCD!!!

For those who don’t know it, PSCD (Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense) is a game I released last year, and while the gameplay and story was well received, let’s say that the art style… wasn’t! Or better, most people didn’t like it (I know well that a minority liked it).

A while ago I contacted Undead Lily’s artist (who did a very good job with that game and I can’t wait to release it) and asked her to redo all the images of the game in manga style. But it’s not just that! As I mentioned in another recent blog post, the vast majority of people seem to want more… spicy stuff šŸ™‚ And who am I to say no?

Because of this, I decided to have the romance CG redone so that the censored version would show underwears, while the uncensored version… you can imagine šŸ˜‰ I’ll need to change the game rating because of this but I suspect people won’t mind (judging from the early reactions in Patreon they were rather happy about this!).

In summary the game will feature manga art for the characters and hotter romance CGs (for the manga version only obviously). The rest will remain the same. Since I did this with Patreon money I don’t want to charge anything extra (even if some people suggested this, doesn’t feel right to me). This means that once it’s ready, it will be a free update. There will be a button in the game options screen and you’ll be able to switch between the two art-styles instantly!

I don’t know yet exactly when it will be available since the last romance CGs are still being colored, but I guess in the next 2-3 months should be finished.

That’s it for now, next time I’ll publicly announce a secret yuri only game I’ve been working on in the recent months and that’s in a good status. Stay tuned!

This entry was posted in card games, dating sims, development screenshot, general, Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense, sneak peek, strategy games. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Where your money goes: PSCD manga version!

1. Franka says:

I don’t know about the rest, but I approve of Manga Mizuki!

She turned out quite good šŸ™‚ But also the new CG are… very interesting, especially the uncensored ones!

• DarkWolf says:

I think new Diana looks very good too.

• Franka says:

It might be the eye size that I don’t like all that much. I know it’s endemic to the style, and I can cetainly live with it, but I don’t find it very attractive.

2. Ronda says:

I like the new look and now I will replay every ending once it’s out to see the “spicy”

3. Vega says:

I personally love both styles. šŸ™‚ Will it apply to a Steam version too?

Yes of course, I will first release on my own site to “test” (but shouldn’t take long since the only thing changed is art!). Then I’ll also update Steam’s version šŸ™‚

4. Milana says:

oooh this looks great!! i still liked the previous art, but replaying with the manga one will feel like playing some new game so im all up for it, and hotter cgs, i cant wait šŸ˜€

5. Xarena says:

Ever thought of doing this for ‘Heirs and Graces’ too? I mean obviously when you can do it I think those character’s would look really cool as a manga and you can also make the ending’s more spicy I suppose just a thought.

Hmm honestly, for that game I never got so many complaint about art as I had for PSCD. For PSCD I literally heard a thousand time stuff like “the game/story/gameplay is good, a pity about the art” or “art puts me off” and even those who bought it admitted “art was awkward at first then I got used to it” and so on. For H&G, I had a few complaints but really not much.

• Xarena says:

I kind of figured it was just a thought that poped into my head I think the art style is good for that one that wasn’t why I mentioned trying to make it different I just think it would be cool but I get not doing it it must cost a lot.

6. BobTheMob says:

K, first n foremost:
    “I know Iā€™m not special.”

^F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M^

I say this all the time n it never seems to get through to ya: Jack, ya gotta stop talkin like that about yourself!!!!!!! You’re ***BEYOND EPIC***, esp. now that I find out about all this charity work ya do, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment!!!!!!!! šŸ˜€

It especially feels good to know my purchases help out a fellow American, Jacquelynn. Bless you, Jack! šŸ™‚

———————————————-

Also, this new art looks pretty cool! šŸ™‚ Esp. the redhead on the right in the bottom pic (can’t remember her name)–that new sprite turned out really cute. šŸ™‚

7. Xarena says:

Hello really off topic I apologize for that but a while back I bought a game on here called Cinder’s and when I got a new computer I wanted to download it on my new laptop but the game seems to have disappeared… So what is that about?

8. Rincewind says:

Looks cute!! It’s like Hanako’s Black Closet, she included a switch between two art-styles too.
    And you’re releasing it for free even! I must take my hat off to you! (I would need to get a hat first… Trilby or Fedora… hmmm….)

And a secret yuri only game? Oh dear! Wowsers!! Hot-dog!! You got my attention there!!
    But better don’t say anything yet!! Seeing the record so far, better not jinx it!! =3